Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Promised Rainbow

I am a shattered house of mirrors
Scattering on the muddy ground
In this stormy night, with the howling wind
Rainfall, thunderclap, and lightning strike
Frightening all that is within my heart
Broken there with reflections of my past
Bleeding into the ground through tears
Where are the stars this angry night?
Where is the hope for the promised rainbow?
I've lost everything and all I am now
Is the soft whispering cry of my ruined heart
This ruined house of mirrors in the night
Hoping, longing after the breaking dawn
I might be broken, but God has never lost faith in me
He gathers up the remnant, He mends what has been broken
He holds me together, so that I am the reflection of Him
And as the dawn breaks through the night
Sunrise shining through the rain and the glass
Fractals of the rainbow that was promised
From Heaven and through me, by the mercy of God
What was broken, shattered, forgotten and outcast
Sending beams of light through crystals from within me
I am a cracked house of mirrors, reflecting my Lord
Shining out to the world through this sacred paradox
For this paradox makes the promised rainbow possible

No comments:

Post a Comment