Sunday, December 30, 2018

Indigo Flutterbies

I awoke one morning, eyes closed tight
Wings dripping wet, preventing my flight
Colourless, until my wings dry
Broke the chrysalis, reborn, now as a flutterby
The black and indigo begin to creep in
The Son shines down, to free me from sin
Soon, I shall be ready to fly from here
Oh, if only that time were near
The suffocating nights now refined in me, a passion
Learning to treat my fellow man with compassion
I want to reach out, but I must wait on the Lord
But, I can hardly wait to spread the Word!
Indigo flutterbies, begin to fly past
I wish I could join in sooner, but, alas
Indigo flutterbies must wait to build endurance
And strength to dare to take a chance
So, I will wait here upon the Lord to send me
Oh, Lord, I'm ready...start with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment