Sunday, December 30, 2018

Dandelion Paint

For a moment caught in time
I kneel with a canvas laid on my thighs
Dandelions are placed upon a stone
And smashed until its yellow blood flows
I gather the smashed petals in one hand
And begin to make paint and place that in a can
And I fingerpaint on the stretched canvas
As I look inside my heart's depths
Red and orange already painted on
Fire is made in the canvas' song
Dandelion paint with the bloodink
And stolen gold-orange from the sun as it sinks
I finished it with a sad smile that hid my shadows
The glistening tears brimmed two spirit windows
With the burning questions that will rise
Asking, "Who would even want to find what secrets lie in these eyes?
Dandelion paints glee in the flame
And feigned joys has become my fame
I am the child who plays gleeful games of pretend
But how I long for this charade to just end..."

No comments:

Post a Comment