Sunday, December 30, 2018

Bloodink

I lay beneath dirty sheets
Whispering for the ink to pour
And with the sharp point of my quill
I draw the scarlet shadows from my wrists
With the ink that came from my veins
I write my name upon the page
Tears of anger well from my eyes
Weeping in anguish and agony
The irony smell of my calligraphy
And there it stains on sky blue sheets
Paints words and scenes for all
The red that flows out from my heart
I squirm in bed, I whimper and moan
As I wet the pillows with blood and tears
Through the years, it always went this way
But now I know this is just a dream
Once I open my teary eyes, I know this much
I haven't even cut a vein, but the scars still trace upon my arms
Still crying, allowing my heart to throb
There is no reason to spill the bloodink
I need not perish now, but I will allow myself this cry
My night was hell and I can't be strong
But I can rely on the One Who can!

No comments:

Post a Comment